Monday, October 17, 2011
undercover, I need to know. Because it is time to re-up and make the necessary changes to our meet up group. You may also be asking, why grow our group? I'd like to hear the answer coming from you.
--
Grandma ElliePrayerTeam@presidential-prayer-team.org to me
Bold in the Face of Opposition: As the co-workers chatted during a break, the conversation turned to the topic of fear. “If we were all honest, I suspect we’d each admit to being afraid of something,” said one woman. Do not fear him, declares the Lord, for I am with you, to save you and to deliver you from his hand. Jeremiah 42:11 “Not me,” declared an outspoken man. “What are people afraid of?” A usually-quiet employee spoke up. “Although I’m not so fearful of airplane rides or being alone, I am afraid of being controlled or manipulated. Worrying about what someone else will think of me or do to me can keep me from being bold for God or standing up for myself.” In Jeremiah 42, God’s people feared the king of Babylon…and for good reason since he had attacked them in the past. Yet Jeremiah assured them that as they surrendered to the Lord’s leading He would protect them. Perhaps you have a secret fear that blocks your spiritual growth. Ask for God’s help in learning practical ways to challenge that reoccurring anxiety. Then pray for your governmental leaders to overcome their fear of public opinion and to make decisions based on what is right in the eyes of the Lord.
This morning as I pondered over the above message from the PrayerTeam@presidential-prayer-team.org to me, I questioned why more people have not joined the Vt912Projects.com group. The thought came to me that we on the "Right" are known for our independence and value our privacy. The forum for Meet Up groups is open with dialog among its members. How comfortable is this for us who value our privacy?
Years ago, a young couple moving out of the state of Vermont, had a bumper sticker on their truck that helped me to move out of my comfort zone. It simply said, "When good people do nothing, bad things happen." For years I hid my true identify under the guise that nobody cared anyway and I'd been taught that along with religion and sex, politics was a subject to shy away from. Why else do we have curtains closing us in, affording us privacy in the voting booth?
Did I fear my move or "coming out" as I often refer to it? Yes indeed, but as I took notice of the so called "left" it was visible that they do not hide their true feelings from anyone, especially me. I guess it's called "liberalism"--or as I have learned from them "freedom." Is this the freedom our Country fought and died for? Or is it simply “freedom without boundaries”? I think so, and it makes me feel uncomfortable. The "Boston Tea Partiers" fought to ward off higher taxes and being taken advantage of. Is that not what setting boundaries is all about? But who sets boundaries for us? For me, it's my faith and belief in God, the creator of heaven and earth, who gave us the Ten Commandments. So today, I speak out defending my freedom with its boundaries in place.
I propose that the change we want in our state and Federal government requires us to "come out"—exposing our true identity. Or are we looking for a way to affect change without being identified, therefore avoiding facing "what someone else will think of me or do to me." I can tell you from personal experience; it doesn't hurt nearly as much as I feared, and moreover, it feels like true freedom.
Let me know if you feel, we need to go undercover.
Grandma Ellie
No comments:
Post a Comment